Wednesday, August 12, 2009

That He Might Fill All Things

Since it is God's plan that Christ "fill all things," "have the preeminence," and that "every knee should bow" to Him, it is not straining the Scripture to see that all of my life should be filled up by Him: that the knees of my desires and will should also bow to Him, and that in every part of my life He should have the preeminence. If every thought is to be brought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, then certainly everything else in my life (my words and deeds) must follow, because all is based on that which originates in the heart - that is, the thoughts.

What a joy it would be if He did indeed "fill all things" in my life. There is no lack in Him as to fulness for He is altogether lovely. Though my flesh is weak and I am unequal to the task because of sin still warring in my members, still I would always behold His face, which shows forth the glory of God. Then would my life be filled to overflowing; then would the glory of all that He is in me and to me pour forth from my life in ceaseless praise to Him in everything I think, do, and say - and what could be a greater joy on the earth than this: to reflect His beauty and glory in my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment