Saturday, August 8, 2009

I've Always Believed in Eternity!

When I was about 12 years old, my sister told me about a girl she knew that believed that when you die, you cease to exist. Not knowing Christ then, I had no Biblical objection to that concept. I remember, however, that later on (perhaps that same day), I was riding my bicycle toward the center of our town. What my sister had told me came rushing back into my mind. As I was riding, my whole being screamed inside me that such a thing could not be true. I understood in myself that I could never cease to exist. Now that I know the Bible somewhat, I know what it teaches concerning the Judgment, and eternal existence for the blessed and the damned.

I wonder if that knowledge inside of me was a part of "the Light that lighteth every man that cometh into the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment